Let's come together and join the effort!
At Meriwest Credit Union, the concept of working together as a team goes beyond the workplace. Meriwest employees enjoy coming together and working to make the community a better place. Whether they are raising money through walking in a walkathon or applying a fresh coat of paint to a preschool, our community benefits from Meriwest employee's willingness to volunteer and make a difference.
Catholic Charities - At Meriwest Credit Union, the concept of working together as a team goes beyond the workplace. Meriwest employees enjoy coming together and working to make the community a better place. Whether they are raising money through walking in a walkathon or applying a fresh coat of paint to a preschool, our community benefits from Meriwest employee's willingness to volunteer and make a difference.
- Family Giving Tree - Holiday Giving - Every year, Meriwest works to support the neediest children in our community. Through the Family Giving Tree, young children who may not have a Holiday at all are provided with Christmas presents. Their circumstances may not be the best, but through this program, they learn there are people out there who care about them. We are also regular contributors to Family Giving Tree's School Backpack program. Meriwest's staff collects hundreds of pounds of school supplies for this program.
- HeartWalk – Meriwest Credit Union provides experienced accounting and finance people to run the money counting room at Silicon Valley's HeartWalk. Our team brings their calculators and a money counter that make counting the donations so much faster! The Meriwest Money Counters are efficient and save the Heart Association many hours of accounting.
- LifeMoves - Meriwest Credit Union contributes to LifeMoves as the Financial Education provider to their Sufficiency programs. Each month, Meriwest volunteers go to the center and train disadvantaged women on managing their banking and credit.
- MS Walk - Meriwest volunteers join over 250,000 other walkers in more than 600 cities across the country to raise money and make one powerful statement to support research on cures for Multiple Sclerosis.
- The Next Generation Business Academy – April 2012 – Meriwest Business Bankers took part as judges in the Next Gen Business Academy Business Plan Competition at Independence High and Silver Creek High School. We heard some very interesting and unique ideas for businesses in the competition. The Next Generation Business Plan Competition is managed by the Silicon Valley Black Chamber of Commerce.
- The Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
- Every holiday season, many Meriwest Credit Union Financial Centers have Foodbank Barrels for canned food donations. We truly appreciate our member's help in filling these barrels.
- Twice each year, Meriwest employees, family and friends get together at the Foodbank's San Jose warehouse to sort food for the over 230,000 individuals being served by Second Harvest. Sometimes we sort apples, sometimes we sort corn, but we have fun no matter what job the Foodbank assigns us.
- Schools in the San Jose area
Every year Meriwest and our Financial Education team present financial workshops at several local schools, from elementary to middle to high school classrooms. Our presentations cover a variety of topics, from Credit Myths to Establishing Credit for Students to Real World Budgeting. If you are interested in having Meriwest visit your classroom, please contact Helen Grays-Jones, Community Relations manager at (408) 365-6328 or by email